Halloween is over, and the Holidays are here. But don’t worry, we’re not inundating you with carols… yet. It’s Thanksgiving! And with the changing of the seasons comes a festive celebration in Zoo World.
Starting today, you can blow up Thanksgiving-themed balloons for your personal Zoo World parade. For every balloon you complete, your zoo gets a limited-time animal and a unique balloon in front of your gate. Balloons work much like Halloween costumes did, but with several new (and tasty!) twists.
Thanksgiving’s Delicious Details
- Collect and share materials to blow up balloon animals for your Thanksgiving Parade.
- After blowing up a balloon, you receive the animal associated with it.
- Upgrade Thanksgiving animals to an animated Ultra Rare by spending WLP.
- If you don’t choose to upgrade it immediately, you can still do so in the future. Click on the animal at any time in your zoo and select “upgrade.”
Hit “continue reading” for more information about Thanksgiving animals, balloons, gifts, and new holiday-themed treats!
How To Get Thanksgiving Animals
To get started, click on the balloon in front of your gate to bring up the Thanksgiving promotion. It shows the animals currently available, along with what pieces are required to inflate the balloon.
Once underway, team up with friends to collect the pieces for each animal. Like in the Halloween event, there are three types of items: gifts, shared items, and a one collected in a completely new way.
- Thanksgiving Gifts
- Headdresses, Pilgrim Hats and Batons are all be requested on the feed. Clicking these feed posts gives your friends’ the option to send you the gift you need.
- You can post one feed request every 8 hours.
- Shared Thanksgiving Items
- Drums are shared to the feed every 8 hours. This works the same as “thread” in Halloween – when you post this feed story, friends that click it then receive one free drum.
- 10 friends can collect a drum from 1 feed post.
- Special Thanksgiving Item
- Receive Maize randomly when you feed the special Thanksgiving Treats to animals. Every time you collect a heart resulting from a Thanksgiving treat, you have a chance to receive one piece.
- You can earn up to five total maize per day.
All Thanksgiving pieces and helping hands can also be purchased for 1 WLP each. UPDATE: Maize costs 3 WLP each, not 1.
But what good is a huge, flat balloon? Once you’ve put it together, you’ll need the help of five friends to inflate it. You can post for help every 8 hours, and once all five “helping hands” (or rather, breaths) are in place, you’ll receive your new animal!
The balloon itself appears outside of your Zoo gate. Every Thanksgiving animal species gives one balloon total, so if you have four Thanksgiving Penguins, you’ll still see just one Thanksgiving Penguin Balloon.
A note on animal costs
Unlike with Halloween, the item costs for each Thanksgiving animal will scale upwards as you create more of that animal. For instance, your first Autumn Hound Dog costs 4 Headresses, 5 Maize and 3 Drums. The second one costs 6 Headdresses, 6 Maize, and 4 Drums. The third costs 8 Headdresses, 7 Maize and 5 Drums. Each animal has a unique set of components, which you can view as they become available in the Thanksgiving Tab.
Zoo World has two tasty treats to commemorate the holiday: the turkey lollipop and the turkey cupcake. These replace the lollipop (18-hour) and cupcake (24-hour) treats.
The difference? Besides being festive and delicious, when you feed Thanksgiving treats, you have a chance to collect Maize!
These treats act just like the originals in all other respects – they still have the same Treat Mastery level and the same bonuses. Feeding these treats will carry over in treat mastery when they change back. Om nom nom.
Thank Goodness for Thanksgiving
The Thanksgiving Event goes until December 9th at Noon PST, with new animals released every three days. Check back here for teases, announcements, and a few more surprises.
Happy Thanksgiving! Click here to visit Zoo World and get started!
Comments policy: please keep all comments on-topic and related to this post. All helpful comments that are on-topic will be approved; those that are off-topic or go against our Terms of Service will be removed. If you would like to report a bug or unrelated issue, please visit our Forums.