It’s time for jingle bells and sleigh bells in Zoo World! Starting on December 9th and running (tentatively) until January 14th, Zookeepers can participate in the holiday celebration with items, treats, and special animals. There’s also a big, dedicated event tying everything together. Poor Santa has a dilemma, and he needs your help.
Santa’s reindeer are nowhere to be found, and he needs to find new animals to pull his sleigh.
The friendly animals of Zoo World are ready to help – but first they need to be recruited, trained and outfitted. That’s where you come in.
Read on to find out how.
Train Animals to Pull Santa’s Sleigh
To get started, click Mrs. Claus’s island to the left of your welcome gate. This brings up the Holiday Seasonal screen. This is your home base for the holidays in Zoo World: from here you can gather items, train animals, and find out when Santa visits. (More on that last part later.)
Dress the Sleigh Animal by Gathering 5 Types of Holiday Items
Ask friends for the Reindeer Headdress, Christmas Bells and Winter Scarves. Clicking the button will post the request to your wall, and your friends can then click the link to send them to you as gifts.
Share Gingerbread Cookies with friends via the feed. Clicking “Post” will post it to your wall, and friends can then collect them by clicking on the link.
Collect Candy Canes after feeding holiday treats to animals. This is just like the Maize from Thanksgiving: when you feed the Christmas Lollipop or the Christmas Cupcake, you then have a chance to receive candy canes when you collect the hearts. You can collect up to 7 candy canes per day.
As an added bonus, everyone starts with 3 free candy canes at the very beginning of the promotion.
Train the Sleigh Animal With Help from Friends
Once all the items are together, you’ll need to train the critter. Posting to the feed allows your friends to help. With 5 helping hands, your animal is ready and raring to go.
Limited Edition Holiday Ultra Rares
After training the animal, you can upgrade it to the Ultra Rare version for 15 WLP. Click “upgrade” to get the animated version, or click X to keep the regular sleigh animal.
Mrs. Claus is Here to Help
You’re not alone! Mrs. Claus visits every two hours to help you out. You can check in with Mrs. Claus after two hours. When you check in, the above screen appears.
After every 5 checkins, Mrs. Claus gives you a free Holiday item of your choice, to help you finish the Sleigh animals.
Santa Claus is Coming… To Zoo World
Santa visits on 3 different days. If you have one trained of each unlocked animal when Santa visits, you’ll receive a special gift.
- First visit, 12/24: If all 6 animals are unlocked, you get a special 2010 Christmas Tree.
- Second visit, 1/1: If all 9 animals are unlocked, you get a 2011 New Year’s Ball as a gift.
- Third visit, 1/10: If all 12 are done, you get a 2011 Zoo Snow Globe.
The Rest of the Holiday Details
It all starts today! The holiday promotion runs tentatively until January 14th, 2011. To summarize:
- Everyone starts with 3 candy canes.
- Mrs. Clause monitors your progress – check in with her every 2 hours, and after 5 checkins she’ll give you free pieces to help with your animals.
- All holiday items are unlocked from the start, so start collecting them now to save up for when the next set of animals unlock.
- New animals require fewer pieces to make than the Thanksgiving promotion, making them easier to collect.
- Each animal of a given species after the first require fewer pieces to train, as opposed to more. This will make it easier to get a pair, should you desire to breed them.
- All Ultra Rare upgrades in the Holiday seasonal cost 15 WLP, lowered from 25.
- Ultra Rare versions of animals count the same as the normal versions for Santa’s visit. So if you have a Rare North Pole Wolf, it counts the same as a North Pole Wolf.
- Santa visits 3 times, to give you special presents if you helped him train all the animals.
- New animals unlock at Noon PST on the day advertised.
Happy holidays and happy New Year!